Marine Dynamics aims to offer the best facilities, services and expertise in the Shark Cage Diving industry in Gansbaai.
A trip with Marine Dynamics is a combination of goosebump thrills, education and relaxation on a luxury boat in the company of experienced experts and researchers.
Slashfin is the first aluminium boat of its kind in the industry, specifically designed and built for low maintenance, stability, speed and superior safety and comfort.
The crew members on board the Slashfin provide more than professional service and excellent customer care – each one is also a fountain of information and eager to educate, inspire and inform guests.
Shark cage diving with us will make you overcome a fear of sharks and help you to understand their beauty and grace. The experience puts you in their territory and the safety of the activity allows you to be an observer to learn what Great White Sharks are really like.
Here is a brief breakdown of what to expect:
- Before the trip guests meet at the Great White House in Kleinbaai.
- You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size.
- Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks.
- We then take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board Slashfin.
- Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10 minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are).
- On average, we anchor for 2 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as number of divers.
- Weather permitting, we take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley.
- Lastly, a debrief in the Great White House and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion!
Rates and Info
- Shark Cage Diving Rates
- Dyer Island Tour Rates
- Whale Watching
ADDRESS. 5 Geelbek Street, Kleinbaai, Western Cape, South Africa
GPS: -34° 36′ 53.74″, +19° 21′ 10.75″
TELEPHONE. +27 (0)28 384 1005
FAX NUMBER. +27 (0)28 380 3405
MOBILE. +27 (0)82 380 3405